Olympus Capital Asia believes that a strong commitment to responsible ownership and to the highest standards of ethics is tied to business success. We believe that good environmental, social and governance (ESG) practices are linked to enhancing long-term value and reducing risk for our stakeholders.
ESG considerations are integral to the dynamics of the markets in which we operate. With the rapid growth in the Asian economies over the last two decades, increasingly affluent Asian populations aspire to higher standards of living, including higher quality food, water and living conditions.
Olympus and its partners and investors, including several multi-lateral agencies, seek to promote investment in a responsible manner and the development of sustainable strategies for our portfolio companies over the long-term. We therefore encourage our portfolio companies to adopt best practices regarding ESG and corporate social responsibility as appropriate to the circumstances of each individual company.
Our key principles include:
- Olympus Capital Asia endeavors to ensure that our investors, employees, portfolio companies and other parties with whom we do business can rely on us to operate in a responsible and ethical manner. We have a deep commitment to transparency, professionalism, fairness and integrity in our business dealings.
- We are committed to respecting the environment, creating safe working conditions for our employees, and supporting the communities in which we operate through various charitable giving initiatives.
- We are committed to providing our stakeholders with regular, clear and transparent information and to making continuous improvements in the way we operate.
- We seek to adhere to industry best practices with respect to our fiduciary duties and the alignment of interests with our investors.
- We seek to comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the jurisdictions in which we operate.