In 2014, Olympus Capital Asia conducted a strategic review of our environmental, social and governance (ESG) policy, systems and processes. Since then, we have introduced a number of upgraded measures to reflect our commitment to Responsible Investment including adoption of the following Responsible Investment Policy, which will apply to all future and current investment activities.
Our Responsible Investment Policy:
1) Identify and assess, early on in the investment process, ESG risks based on their potential adverse impacts;
2) Categorize deals internally based on ESG risk assessment and design due diligence processes accordingly;
3) Work with management to develop appropriate and practicable measures to address any identified ESG issues and/or to capture any ESG-related opportunities;
4) Incorporate such management commitment, where appropriate, into formal agreements at the time of investment;
5) Through dialogue and reporting, monitor the progress of ESG performance.
To support our Responsible Investment Policy, we have assigned dedicated officers internally and engaged advisers with ESG responsibilities to work with our deal teams, reporting directly to our Management Committee. With our current funds OCA V and AEP II, we are working with development finance institutions with significant experience in ESG matters. We have formed ESG Committees for each such fund consisting of our professionals and one or more representatives from the development institutions with expertise in ESG matters. This Committee’s role is to provide supervision and advice on deals with higher levels of ESG risk exposure.
Olympus Capital Asia is a signatory to UNPRI (“United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment”) and has adopted the six PRI Principles (http://www.unpri.org/about-pri/the-six-principles/).